Note: everything below is about the official MMO world only. The single-player mode and unofficial private servers are available without subscribing.
This makes Screeps more like a hosting or cloud computing service rather than a traditional online game. We offer you server CPU time and fixed amount of memory that you can use as you wish (though it’s still preferable to use it in relation with the game!). Though a new player gets a quite low initial CPU limit, after upgrading your game level you can end up with your limit up to 300 ms per game tick which is quite a serious hosting asset.
As we designed the game, we were considering numerous options and finally came to a conclusion that justification of such expenses requires only one model: game time (or, in our case, CPU time) subscription. And note that we don’t offer multiple subscription options: the subscription cost is the same for all players. Thus we avoid creating game advantages for certain groups of players since all are provided with equal opportunities to use server resources.
If you don’t wish to use such resources on general terms, you can just confine yourself to purchasing a starter kit on Steam. A minimum 10 CPU amount will be reserved for you on the official MMO server, but it won’t grow following your game level. Such a mode is not suitable for a full competitive playing but is still enough for those who are fine with 2-3 game rooms in the game world to have some fun of the game.
Subscription Token is a special in-game item that allows its owner to activate 60 days of CPU subscription. You can buy a subscription token the same way as a regular CPU subscription, but these items are tradeable, you can sell them to another player or buy for game resources.
Hence, those players who want to share their resources with others can play Screeps as a free-to-play game! Subscription tokens trading is possible via the in-game market or Steam Community Market allowing to trade purchased tokens for real currency using your Steam Wallet.
Oyun AçıklamasıScreeps is about scripting your creeps.
Your colony can harvest resources, build units, conquer territory, trade with another colonies. As you conquer more territory, your influence in the game world grows, as well as your abilities to expand your footprint. However, it requires a lot of effort on your part, since multiple players may aim at the same territory.
Screeps is developed for people with programming skills. Unlike some other RTS games, your units in Screeps can react to events without your participation – provided that you have programmed them properly. And, unlike other MMO, you do not have to play Screeps constantly to play well. It is quite enough just to check once in a while to see if everything goes well.
- No shards, game realms and session match-ups: units of all players coexist in the same real-time persistent world and obey the same rules.
- Units, base, mining resources, territory control, economy, manufacturing, transporting, logistics, trading – all the attributes of a real strategy game which you need to program!
- The better your scripts, the better your game — irrespective of the time played. Your creeps will mine, build, defend, and conquer as you just work, sleep, or walk your dog.
- Only basic programming skills are required. However, if you are a pro developer, now is the chance to put your skills to the limit!
- Edit your scripts from the in-game editor, or using your favorite external IDE.
- Lifetime MMO access with 10 CPU limit included in the starter package. Raise your CPU limit to the point depending on your game level by purchasing a CPU subscription plan or via in-game items called Subscription Tokens. The subscription cost is the same for all players, there is no way to pay more to gain more advantages.
- Host your own server, modify games rules and play with your friends via LAN or on the Internet. No subscription required. The server is an open source project.
- And many more features to come! (see Roadmap)